The 2-week lockdown enforced by the Karnataka government will be implemented across the state from 9 pm on April 27, 2021 to 6 am on May 12, 2021. In this regard, the state has issued elaborate guidelines for various sectors and citizens.
As per the travel regulations issued, the services of Bengaluru Metro will be suspended while the activity of public or private buses and passenger vehicles will be restricted with the exception of specific reasons. Cabs and autos will be allowed to operate if hired in case of emergencies.
No restrictions will be imposed in the following instances;
- Individuals to be vaccinated or tested can do so with nominal proof.
- Individuals with medical emergencies, patients and their caretakers shall be permitted movement.
- Construction agencies may issue passes for construction workers.
- Inter-state, intra-state movement of passenger vehicles will be conceded only in case of emergencies.
- Students attempting exams may use admit cards as travel pass, availing modes of transportation such as cabs and autos.
- Officers, personnel including officials in the district judiciary can commute, provided they carry their ID card and work in an industry that has been exempted.
- Scheduled flights and trains will operate, with tickets functioning as passes for movement. Cabs and autos can be hired to board flights and trains.
- Cabs, autos and allied services can only be availed in case of emergencies, to commute to work in exempted industries and board flights or trains.
The following commercial establishments will continue to operate and personnel employed in the same can travel with ID cards as passes;
- E-commerce and delivery, telecommunication, internet, broadcasting and cable services, print and electronic media.
- Banks, insurance offices and ATMs, capital and debt market services, notified by the SEBI.
- Food processing and allied industries, PDS shops, standalone liquor shops and outlets, shops pertaining to food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish, animal fodder will operate from 6 am to 10 am.
- Essential employees of IT and ITeS companies will be permitted to work from office.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services, works pertaining to pre-monsoon preparation, construction and civil repair activities, industries and industrial establishments (both government and private) except related to garment manufacturing are permitted.
- Aviation and allied services such as airlines, airports, cargo, maintenance, ground services, catering, fuelling, security and so on can function along with private security services, cold storage and warehousing services.