Passengers traveling hereafter from India to Dubai will no longer have to undergo a rapid PCR test (RT-PCR) at the departure airport.
“Please be informed that the rapid PCR test conducted at the departure airport in India for travel to Dubai has been withdrawn with immediate effect,” Air India has stated in a press release.
The fresh advisory requires Indian nationals to produce a negative COVID-19 test certificate taken up to 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight, from an approved health service provider. The passengers will require to undergo a PCR test upon their arrival in Dubai. It may be recalled that a few days ago, fully vaccinated passengers to India from Dubai were allowed to forego the Covid test at the departure airport.
For transit passengers, the rules governing entry at the final destination will be applicable.
- As per the new travel guidelines issued by Air India, passengers are required to:
- Hold a pre-approval from the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) or GDRFA for all types of visa holders (Golden/silver visa holders do not require GDRFA/ICA approval to travel from India to Dubai)
- For UAE residence visa holders (issued from Dubai) register on: https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/Smart_OTCServicesPortal/ReturnPermitService.aspx
- For UAE resident/tourist/E-visa holders (issued from other emirates) pre-registration is mandatory on: https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/guest/index.html#/registerArrivals.
- Present a valid negative Covid-19 test certificate which will only be accepted from the authorized labs that generate a QR code and taken within 48 hours prior to departure.
- Undergo a PCR test upon arrival in Dubai and self-quarantine until a negative test result is released to the passenger. In the event the passenger is tested positive, the passenger shall follow the guidelines issued by the relevant health authority in the Emirate of Dubai.