spot_img
32.5 C
Mangalore
Monday, January 30, 2023
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img

Popular Articles

Women Entrepreneurs Of Karnataka To Have Marketplace Offered By Amazon

  Major E-commerce platform Amazon has signed an agreement with the Karnataka State Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (KSRLPS) to provide a market for products of women entrepreneurs and Self-Help Groups (SHGs). 

- Advertisement -

  This partnership would be a great change and is expected to benefit 30,000 women entrepreneurs whose products in the grocery, home decor, clothing, and other categories would be made available to Amazon customers across India. 

 Already, 53 products have been uploaded on the Amazon marketplace and will be expanded to 200 products before March 31, 2022, according to the plan. The agreement was inked in the presence of Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai.

  Amazon India will not only launch KSRLPS, also known as Sanjeevini, on its marketplace but also extend the benefits of its ‘Saheli’ program to train and empower SHG women entrepreneurs to come online and access a market for their products. The KSRLPS would set up a warehouse (Saheli Centre) in the Mysugar building to manage the operations and later expand to district-level operations based on sales or demand. 

  “I want a success story to come out of this,” Mr. Bommai told Amazon India vice-president (public policy) Chetan Krishnaswamy when the memorandum of understanding was signed. 

  Mr. Bommai said Karnataka’s per capita income represents 30% of citizens who are mostly salaried or business class. “Our vision is that at least half of the remaining 70% should be elevated so that they contribute to the per capita income.” 

  The Chief Minister is working on new schemes to help products from local businesses and entrepreneurs get national visibility. “Sarees from Ilkal, Molkalmuru, Sidlaghatta or the Channapatna toys and the Shahabad stone… we are coming out with schemes to promote them. The next budget will have programs for self-help groups,” he said.

  This program can help a lot of self-made women entrepreneurs to reach a bigger marketplace and benefit for themselves.

 

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

61,975FansLike
65,045FollowersFollow
5,242FollowersFollow

Recent Articles

Cold wave and rising viral fever in Dakshina Kannada

In response to the chilly weather that is currently in effect, the health department has started a health awareness campaign in the area. The...

Class 10 student from Puttur chosen for PM Modi’s Pariksha Pe Charcha

Theja Chinmaya Holla, a class 10 student at a private school in Thenkila, will take part in the interactive Pariksha Pe Charcha programme on January 27 in New Delhi. In the programme, which will feature an interactive session with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, four kids from Karnataka will participate. Only Theja, a student from the taluk, is chosen to take part in the programme.

Kadri Park’s fountain and foot overbridge inaugrated

On Monday, January 23, MLA Vedavyas Kamath officially opened the foot overbridge over the lake, the fountain, and the development projects carried out by the Mangaluru Urban Development Authority.  The foot overbridge over the water and the fountain each cost Rs. 43.50 lacs to construct. At Kadri Park, two projects have been officially launched, and the framework for many more has already been established. MLA Vedavyas Kamath stated, "We are anticipating that the money will be provided anytime soon. A proposal has been made to the government for development work on the ponds at a cost of Rs 30 crore in Mangaluru North and South constituency.According to Vedavyas Kamath, a plan was created for the development of 25 ponds, 12 of which have already seen construction. Ravi Shankar Mijar, the head of MUDA, said: "Kadri Park's development has been given priority under MUDA.  Kadri Park's entrance and access road have been constructed.  At the same period, Kadri Park created a fountain and a foot overbridge.  Additionally, the development of 40 parks in Mangaluru North and 30 parks in Mangaluru South has been prioritised." The attendance included the mayor, Jayanand Anchan, the deputy mayor, Poornima, the former mayor, Premananda Shetty, the corporator, Shakeela Kava, Kishore Kottari, Hemalatha Raghu Salian, Sudheer Shetty Kannur, Pooja Pai, Nithin Kumar, and others.